I didn't put any work into the patio today as I went to the Seattle 100 Charity event. More on that later when I get some photos back.

Yesterday I spent a few hours working on the patio, and with May's help made good progress. I was so happy that May wanted to help. She ended up with a fairly arduous job. It turns out that the stones are off by about 1/2" to the edge of the stairs. Instead of trying to cut the stones that amount, I'm just chipping the concrete at the stair lip back 1/2". May did a great job, but it's slow going and pretty demanding on the upper arms.


I focused on laying moving and laying down stones. I think there's a couple days work left doing that.

Once the stones are down I will rent a masonry saw to cut the odd size stones I need in a few places. From there it's just a matter of putting in the sealing sand and tamping it down. Then I can finally enjoy the fruits of my labor. Of course there will be more to do, for the clean-up, but that I can take at a slower pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment