Well, I finally finished the rough lay of the paver stones. Now I have to rent a cutter and put in the odd tiles. I had a mix of good fortune and bad with the project today.
First, the good. A co-worker suggested I get a rotary or impact hammer to chisel off that 1/2" of concrete at the base of the stairs. So I rented one from Home Depot after work today. Voila! I had the area ground down and the pavers in front of the stairs all fit within an hour.
The tough spots were 1) getting the drain spout cut down for the pavers to go over it. This took a little doing , but I got it done in about 15 minutes. Dremel rules! 2) The last row, the back row is about 1/8" too short, so I'm going to have to cut the pavers for the whole back row. C'est la vie!
It's going to rain tomorrow, Wednesday will be dry, but Thursday is still unknown. If it's going to be dry Thursday I'll rent a paver cutter Wednesday after work and get down to the business of shoring up the last of the construction...
Then it's just clean up!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment